AuditionsYou can be a star!
TIC is always looking for new talent to put on stage!
We offer a fun, supportive community environment where everyone is welcome, and we all work together to make great theatre.
OUR NEXT AUDITIONS – Arsenic and Old Lace
SUNDAY June 25th 1-9PM Callbacks on Wednesday June 28th
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THE SHOW
- Rehearsals will start on Monday July 17th
- Rehearsals will run on Monday and Wednesday from 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM &
on Sundays from 2:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Rehearsals will be held at Theatre in the Country 9975 272nd Street Maple Ridge
- Accommodations will be made for those needing to miss some rehearsal time based on summer holidays. This will be discussed at the audition with those who are impacted.
- The show will run as follows:
- September 14 – 23 in Maple Ridge at Theatre in the Country
- October 19 – 28 in Langley at Theatre in the Grove
- Please use the form to the left to sign up for an audition slot.
- Audition will consist of a shot 2 min comedic monologue of your choice and a cold read from the script
- If you wish to audition but are not available June 25th. Please use the form to left to let us know that.
All roles for this classic theatre piece are ready to be cast with talented people like you!
To audition please complete the form to the left and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Here are the roles that are available for the show:
A darling older lady who poisons elderly men out of kindness, Abby lives with her sister Martha in their dead father’s rambling mansion in Brooklyn, and is aunt to Teddy, Jonathan, and Mortimer.
A sweet elderly woman with Victorian charm who poisons elderly men because she feels it’s best for them, Martha is the sister of Abby and an aunt to Teddy, Jonathan, and Mortimer.
An attractive girl in her twenties and Mortimer’s fiancée, Elaine is the daughter of the Rev. Dr. Harper. She is surprisingly wise in the ways of the world for a minister’s daughter.
Nephew of Abby and Martha, Mortimer is a drama critic who is engaged to Elaine. A good-hearted cynic who is about to have his world turned upside down.
Nephew of Abby and Martha Brewster, Teddy is a man in his forties who thinks that he is Theodore Roosevelt.
A police officer, O’Hara is a would-be playwright who pesters Mortimer to read his play.
Nephew of Abby and Martha Brewster, Jonathan is a psychopath who has numerous murders to his credit and no scruples whatsoever. A bit oversensitive to his “new” appearance.
A plastic surgeon and an alcoholic in his fifties, Dr. Einstein has changed Jonathan’s face three times, with his most recent work resulting in a Boris Karloff resemblance.
The Rev. Dr. Harper
Minister and father of Elaine. A bit pompous and protective, very ministerial in his manner.
Officer Brophy (possible doubling)
A no nonsense flatfoot Brooklyn cop with abrupt charms.
Lieutenant Rooney (possible doubling)
A tough and dominating police officer
Mr. Gibbs (possible doubling)
A man who wishes to rent a room from the Brewster sisters.
Mr. Witherspoon (possible doubling)
The superintendent of Happy Dale Sanitarium
A small role with a lot of weight