AuditionsYou can be a star!
OUR NEXT AUDITIONS – Christmas Carol
MONDAY Aug 14th 6:30 – 9:00PM – early slot for those who may be away in the final week of August.
SUNDAY Aug 27th 2:00 – 8:00 PM
MONDAY Aug 28th 6:30 – 9:00 PM
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THE SHOW
- Rehearsals will start on Wednesday, Sept 6th
- Rehearsals will run on Monday and Wednesday from 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM &
on Sundays from 2:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Rehearsals will be held at Theatre in the Country 9975 272nd Street Maple Ridge
- The show will run for 4 weeks as follows:
- November 23-December 02 in Langley at Theatre in the Grove
- December 7-16 in Maple Ridge at Theatre in the Grove
- Please use the form to the left to sign up for an audition slot.
- Please note that 6:30 – 7:30 on Aug 14th and 2:00 – 3:30 on Aug 27th will be reserved for children’s roles only.
- All Adults will be required to prepare the chorus lines on page 43 as a monologue. (Not the song) and sing a Christmas Carol of your choice. CLICK HERE FOR SCRIPT
- All those auditioning for Scrooge will also be asked to read from the bottom of 21 from Scrooge’s line: are you the visitor to page 22 to Spirit: as long as your life. CLICK HERE FOR SCRIPT
- Children are asked to prepare the chorus lines as a monologue the bottom of page 31 after Scrooge’s line: I remember to page 32 chorus line: and then turning up in the wrong place. And sing a Christmas Carol of their choice. CLICK HERE FOR SCRIPT
- Children will participate in a group audition so could they be booked together.
- You may also be asked to do a cold read of other sides as well.
- English accents will NOT be used unless you are actually from England.
- If you wish to audition but are not available and of the dates. Please use the form to left to let us know that.
All roles for this classic theatre piece are ready to be cast with talented people like you!
To audition please complete the form to the left and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Here are the roles that are available for the show:
Ebenezer Scrooge – Older male – goes from surley, to terrified, to remorseful, to joyous
4 Children ages 8-12 to fill various roles in the show: Tiny Time, Fanny, Etc
16 Adults who will be required to take on multiple roles and participate in the chorus. The chorus narrates the show and creates the world of the play. This show is not technically a musical but there will be singing of traditional Christmas carols and basic choreographed movement.
Roles include: Cratchit, Nephew, Marley, Fezziwig, young Scrooge, Dick Wilkins, Peter, Old Joe, ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future, Mrs. Fezziwig, Mrs Cratchit, Mrs. Dilber, Charwoman, Belle, Fan, Tiny Tim, Martha, Nephews wife, etc. etc.