AuditionsYou can be a star!
OUR NEXT AUDITIONS – TWO FROM GALILEE
by Robert Sterling & Karla Worley
Saturday Sept 8th & Sunday Sept 0th – Friends Langley Vineyard Church – 5708 Glover Rd, Langley, BC
Saturday Sept 15th – Christian Life Assembly – 21277 56 Ave, Langley, BC
NEEDED for your Audition:
- Email headshot (or picture) and resume (or list of shows) to email@example.com
- Sides will be sent out to you once you have requested an audition time. Please be familiar with the material.
- Please come early to fill out audition form.
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THE SHOW
- Regular Rehearsals will run through September – November.
- We will do our best to accommodate planned absences to a degree
- The show will run for 4 weeks: November 29th – December 23rd
- Show will run 3 weeks at TIC and 1 weekend at Christian Life Assembly
- Please use the form to the left to sign up for an audition slot – Please be as flexible as you can
- Sides will be sent out to you once you have been confirmed with an audition time.
- If you wish to audition but are not available for any of the dates please use the form to left to let us know that. No promises, but we will do what we can.
- We would love for families to audition as kids are needed
- AVAILABLE ROLES:
Characters ages are open from 10-80
MARY – A dreamer with an intense connection to God; the apple of her father’s eye; young, and in love with Joseph (Soloist: Soprano)
JOSEPH – Madly in love with Mary since they were kids, hard worker, loyal, gentle (Soloist: 2nd tenor/high baritone)
HANNAH – Mary’s mother: practical, tough, ambitious, a bit too proud (Soloist: Alto/2nd Soprano)
JOACHIM – Mary’s Father: Big man, generous, loving a bit intimidated by his brusque wife (Soloist: Baritone)
TIMNA – Joseph’s Mother: Protective of her family (Soloist: Alto – limited singing)
JACOB – Joseph’s Father: Jovial, but sickly. An unlikely man of faith (Soloist: Character part with limited singing)
GABRIEL – The archangel: commanding physical appearance (non-speaking, but demanding singing: Solosit:Baritone/Bass)
MELCHOIR – 1st Wiseman: A bit nerdy, inquisitive and nervous (Soloist: Character part limited singing – Baritone)
BALTHAZAR – 2nd Wiseman: An adventurer, loves to show off, bit of a blow hard. (Soloist: Character part limited singing – Baritone)
KASPAR – 3rd Wiseman: The most studious, but a bit absent-minded (Soloist: Character part limited singing – Tenor)
EVERYONE WILL READ FOR ONE OF THE ABOVE CHARACTERS BUT MAY BE CAST AS 1 or more character below:
DEBORAH – Mary’s favourite cousin – a new mother
RUTH – Mary’s Aunt – proud new grandma
RABBI – Compassionate teacher
Other Chorus & Ensemble roles
DIRECTOR: Stephen Plitt
PRODUCER: Reg Parks
PRODUCTION MANAGER: Hillary Frew
STAGE MANAGER: Michalea Freeman